Friday, October 30, 2009

A Flower in Winter



Fresh flowers can be a great addition to anyone's home decor. Me, I try to lessen the impact of long, dark winter days by keeping flowers in the house, as they instantly brighten up any room. One of my goals has always been to keep live flowers growing indoors, though I am rarely able to encourage much growth. Currently I'm trying to rehabilitate two orchid plants that were marked down at the store due to the poor state they were in. For months my efforts seemed futile, but they are now growing new leaves and I have hopes that one day they will flower.

However, this is quite a bit of work for not much result. A simpler way of keeping blooms in the house is to buy cut flowers, either making arrangements myself or getting a professional presentation. One of my favorite places for finding beautiful decorative flower arrangements is 1-800 Flowers, which will ship directly and has many different options, even in the dead of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment